The X is a standalone MPC that sports a 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 velocity and pressure sensitive RGB pads and, 16 gigs of internal storage, making the X a true Music Production Center. It also features two USB slots for MIDI controller connectivity. Plug in your AKAI Professional MIDI keyboard and play chords or synth leads that your production craves. In terms of extra storage, there is a 2.5” SATA drive connector and a built-in SD card slot.
Rounding out the controls are dedicated menu buttons, a master encoder knob and 16 touch-sensitive 360º assignable pots (Q-Links) with OLED displays, which are perfect for automating parameters and delivering expressive recordings, making it easier to create a full-fledged hit wherever inspiration resides!
Powering the mighty X is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional’s new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC X in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the X tethered to a computer. New features added to 2.0 include: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop – all appearing on a new graphical interface. It can do it all, from making beats to recording vocals.
Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own.
The MPC X has a number of features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear. Two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp have been included to ensure the right levels are coming into the X directly from your turntable.
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the past, present and future of beat-oriented production machines. The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide for years to come, and maybe even a few decades, just like our classic MPCs.
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (16) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (7) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- (63) dedicated-function buttons
- 10” / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5” x 5.5” / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor:8 GHz quad-core ARM; Cortex; A17 processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
- (2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (8) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
- (4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (8) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) USB Type-A ports
- (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 19.9” x 16.7” x 3.4” / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
- 19.9” x 15.3” x 8.4” / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
- MPC X
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- Software Download Card
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Important: Visit akaipro.com and find the webpage for MPC X to download the complete user guide.
Standalone MPC with 10.1″ high-resolution, adjustable, multi-touch display – no computer required
(2) USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers. Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
Phono, instrument, mic and line inputs, (2) MIDI Inputs and (4) MIDI Outputs
(8) Configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup and (16) Q-Link knobs with graphical displays
16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included), 2GB of RAM, and Full-size SD card slot