The Akai Professional BT500 belt-drive turntable is an exquisitely crafted, premium performance turntable that extracts every musical detail and subtle nuance from your beloved record collection.
All the must-have features audiophiles demand for top-flight musical reproduction are here: a quiet belt-drive system with a mechanically-isolated motor that eliminates any residual motor noise and vibration, a heavy die-cast aluminum platter that ensures an exemplary signal-to-noise ratio, a rubber non-slip mat so there’s no record slippage, imperceptible wow and flutter and a low-mass straight tone arm with adjustable counterweight and precision damped cueing.
Our unique leveling bubble with adjustable feet ensures a perfectly level needle drop. The result is optimal sound. A high-quality pre-mounted Audio-Technica magnetic cartridge with elliptical stylus in removable head shell completes the package.
In addition, the BT500 has many new-school flourishes that make it even more enjoyable and convenient, such as a built-in switchable phono pre-amp so you can use it with a traditional stereo or connect it directly to powered speakers. The BT500 is also a wireless streaming turntable, so you can stream your vinyl to your Bluetooth-enabled speaker.
The BT500 also boasts the ability to convert your analog records into digital files using the included software and USB port for quick computer connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of speakers can I use with this BT500?
The BT500 can stream to most Bluetooth speakers. If you have a Bluetooth speaker that you already use with your mobile device, tablet, or computer, you can now also stream your vinyl using the BT500.
How do I connect this BT500 to a bluetooth device?
BT-500 has a Bluetooth transmitter to send audio to a Bluetooth speaker wirelessly. To do so:
1. Power on your Bluetooth speaker and ensure it is in pairing mode.
2. Power on the BT-500 turntable.
3. Press and release the Bluetooth button on BT-500 to start pairing to your Bluetooth device. Once BT-500 is connected to the Bluetooth speaker, the Bluetooth LED will be solid blue. Your Bluetooth speaker should also indicate that it is paired.
Note: BT-500 will connect to the closest Bluetooth speaker that is near it. If after 5 minutes no Bluetooth speaker can be found to pair with, the Bluetooth transmitter will become inactive and the LED will turn off.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
4. Play music on your BT-500 turntable. If you are connected to a Bluetooth speaker with a play/pause button, and do not hear audio, try pressing the play/pause button.
5. Adjust the volume on your Bluetooth speaker (if applicable) and the volume control on BT-500 to control the output level.
6. To disconnect pairing, power off the BT-500 turntable or turn of Bluetooth pairing on your Bluetooth speaker.
Note: Move other Bluetooth receivers/speakers out of range of BT-500 (30’/9.1m or more) or turn them off to connect to your Bluetooth speaker.
I am connected to a Bluetooth speaker but do not hear any audio. What do I do?
1. If you are connected to a Bluetooth speaker with a play/pause button, and do not hear audio, try pressing the Play/Pause
2. If that does not fix your symptoms, press and release BT-500’s Bluetooth button to disconnect it from the Bluetooth speaker, and then press it once more to try pairing it again.
3. Finally, power cycle the BT-500, then press the Bluetooth button to try pairing it again.
What is a “”Bubble Level”” on the BT500?
The Bubble Level on the BT500 is located under the platter it is used to ensure the turntable is on a level surface. For example, if the turntable leans to the right and the bubble is located to the left, raise the turntable’s left feet until the bubble level stays in the center by turning the screws on the left feet.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support. akaipro.com/support
• Turntable Type: Belt-driven
• Motor Type: Isolated DC motor
• Speeds: 33 1/3 & 45 RPM
• S/N Ratio: 67 dB (A-weighted)
• Output Level: 2.5 mV (preamp off); 155 mV (preamp on)
• Phono Preamp Gain: 34 dB nominal, RIAA-equalized
• Preamp: Switchable
• Wow and Flutter: < 0.2% (weighted) @ 3 kHz (JIS)
• USB Function: 44.1–48 kHz (user-selectable), 16-bit; USB 1.1
• Replacement Cartridge Type: Dual moving magnet
• Replacement Cartridge: AT95E
• Replacement Stylus: ATN95E
• Power: 12V DC, 500mA
• Base: Heavy MDF base
• Output Connections: Gold-plated RCA jacks
• Platter: Die-cast anti-resonance aluminium platter
• Included Slipmat: Non-slip rubber mat
• Leveling System: Level bubble with adjustable feet
• Tonearm Material: Aluminum
• Pivot Material: Aluminum
• Controls: Aluminum
• Dimensions (width x depth x height): 17.48” x 14.3” x 4.84”
• Weight: 13.8 lbs
• 45 RPM adapter
• USB A to B cable
• RCA Audio cables
• DC 12v 500mA Power Adapter
• ½” mount universal headshell with AT95E Dual Magnet phono cartridge and .4 x .7 mil elliptical diamond stylus
Streams music wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker (not included)
Luxurious walnut finish with brushed aluminum controls
Low-mass straight aluminum tone arm with adjustable counterweight for precise tracking
Leveling bubble with adjustable feet
Die-cast anti-resonance aluminum platter and non-slip rubber mat