How We’re Different, To Better Serve You.
Since we opened in June 2006, our music store has witnessed so many changes in our music industry.
1) More and more family music stores like us are closing down and being consolidated by big box stores where robots pick and pack their shipments in warehouses filled with other non-music related consumer products. General consumer products can be stored and be automated but this is no way to properly handle musical instruments.
We are sticking to our family music store style! We professionally perform a manual inspection and setup of each customer’s instrument before shipping. We are very proud of our traditional ways and our customers certainly appreciate our proper way of handing their instruments so they can trust their instruments will be ready to play when receiving them.
2) Sadly, money for the arts in school have been drastically reduced in so many school districts. Because of this, music programs across the nation have been hurt and making music became too expensive for families. Musical instrument prices have made it inaccessible.
Our entire mission is to make it possible for everyone to have an instrument. To do this, beyond pricing our instruments at the absolute lowest prices that we guarantee, we further created our ‘Wish Come True Fund’ by setting aside a percentage of every sale and using that money to help anyone who cannot afford our lowest sale prices. We have a dedicated person who anyone can contact. Please ATTN: WISH and email to email@example.com. Under this program, we have helped many individual families and even school districts. We have even used this fund for music scholarships for classrooms. We take our mission to make it possible for everyone to have an instrument very seriously because our personal belief is that instruments are the best tools for personal skills and character development for students. Please do contact us and help us make another wish come true!
3) Because of the difficult economy, many retailers have gone out of business…especially retailers who open their business for the right reasons and care about their community to make a difference. But, the reality of music stores is that this business doesn’t generate much profit and with the economy events that happened, family stores don’t have big money behind them to keep them afloat like the big box stores with big warehouses and big banks funding supporting and/or owning them.
We are very fortunate to have survived many difficult times because of the support of our customers. It is our philosophy that we only stay open if we truly matter to the community we serve and really make a difference. We don’t want to be another business that just adds to the competition of existing businesses and add no value to the community. We measure how much we matter by how many community members say we make a difference. Beyond just supporting the existing musicians, we deeply care about making music apart everyone’s life.
Currently, only 3% of our population plays music and it is such a revealing statistic to explain why so many youth today lack the life skills needed to succeed. We believe learning instruments directly teaches the life skills and character values that enhances a person’s life and achievement potential. Science has already proven the benefits to the brain so we don’t need to discuss it here but parents can quickly notice how much more their children are able to stay focused in school, retain information when listening, and have much greater character depth. The reason behind our mission to make it possible for everyone to have an instrument is because we want 100% of our population learn instruments starting with this younger generation and onward. Since you know our mission, if you know anyone who you want them to play an instrument, let us know and we can find a way to get them an instrument. We want instruments affordable and accessible. Again, we further created our Wish Come True Fund by setting aside a percentage of every sale and use that money to help anyone who cannot afford even at our lowest sale prices. Just get in touch with us.
4) While we are only the one of the few authorized dealers for the largest brands to sell nationwide as well as locally with our store, it’s becoming harder to know which web store you can trust to buy your instruments as anyone can post a picture and description on sites like eBay and Amazon. There are many unscrupulous sites that sell fake and replica instruments with big brands engraved.
We are very proud to share that we have been awarded ‘Top 100 Dealers’ nationwide by NAMM and we are also the #2 dealer on the West Coast for Yamaha and Top 10 for other major brands. We are also ranked #1 for multiple woodwinds and brasswinds categories online by Top10Reviews. With us, we like to be on a first name basis with our customers and when our customers call, they will get real store employees answering the phone. We don’t outsource our calls to anyone! We want to give our customers the trust they deserve when calling us to know they will be remembered and care for before, during, and after their purchase. We are only still in business because of the referrals from our customers. Being a family store, we cannot afford the big marketing dollars so we rely on making sure every customer is happy so they can refer and share with their friends. More importantly, when we make mistakes, we want our customers to know we will own up to our mistakes and correct them.
We are human and we do things careful with the human touch but as humans, we will make mistakes and will fix them. I guess it’s true that you will know how good we are by how we respond to mistakes. So, in the rare event a mistake happens, you can absolutely feel like family to call in and let us resolve it.
5) Instruments are not easy to buy with so many different options and prices.
We want to make it ever so easy. If you feel we can improve, contact us. We really don’t mind walking our customers over the phone for hours to truly help them get what they need and at the price that is right for them.
So on behalf of our family here at Instrumental Savings, we thank you for your time in getting to know a little bit more about us and we hope we can earn an opportunity to serve you and to fulfill our mission. Please drop by our store in Anaheim, CA and give us a call at 1-800-860-4077!